Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ward's Laws #1504

It's time once again for the crack staff at Ward's Laws to stand up for the downtrodden.  I think the band members from the Steve Miller Band owe me a refund as well as a big apology.  I recently actually listened to their "Fly like an Eagle" 8Track tape and found it severely lacking.  For instance, "Take the Money and Run" literally has no story.  Two young drug-using hicks kill a man while robbing his castle.  Then the song introduces a cop who's good at solving crimes while being paid by (other) peoples taxes (not like his own taxes don't contribute to his income.) Then the couple meets up and gets away... with theft and murder...  Why'd they even put the verses about Billy Mack in the song?  He literally plays no part other than to be criticized!
Don't get me started about how repetitive the rest of the album was.  "Fly like an Eagle" is hypnotic in it's use of only two lines throughout the song.  That pattern is recycled in "Dance, Dance, Dance." (Notice they even used a repetitive title.)  Repetition is just a way of masking lack of creativity.
I believe I spent $5.00 in JC Penney's for this 8Track.  The offending music is 1/4th of the tape so I want  $1.25.  And for the countless hours of having to hear these songs over the radio the grand total they owe me comes to $1,372,668.41.  I'll take my check now you long haired country-fried hippies!!!  Who's the Joker now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment